I like this one; it could have gone wrong but I think it worked out in the end
This was the brief: “My challenge to you this week is to make a project by starting with a watercolor wash (either paints or inks mixed with water). After the washy background is completely dry stamp a line art image on top in archival (waterproof ink). If you want to you can go back and add more details to the image with paints, markers or pencils.”
And this is what I did:
- I drew lines across the page using yellow and brown water colour pencils and then sprayed water on them using a paintbrush to help mix the paints up.
- After the panel had dried I stamped the image on it.
- I didn’t stamp it very well and it looked blurred so I used a fine liner pen to highlight the image (am quite pleased with the final look)
- The panel was then adhered to the card blank with 3d foam tape
- Stamps: Artemis
- Paper: Watercolour panel, 300 gsm card blank
- Paper Size: A6
- Ink: Hobbycraft Pigment ink, Derwent watercolour pencils
- Accessories: Fineliner pen, 3d foam tape, heat tool
- Techniques: Water colour wash
This card has been submitted for the following challenges:
Facebook: A Card a Day on Facebook Day 20 Card 20
Splitcoaststampers: Free for All Challenge
Thanks for stopping by!